West End - 46 Double-storey sectional title units within Somerset Lakes, Somerset West
Designed in a contemporary interpretation of traditional Cape Vernacular design and arranged on either side of natural green belt, this is a perfect melding of modernity and nature.
Our highly advanced security system includes electrified and alarmed perimeter fencing, 24-hour manned gatehouses linked to rapid response team; and hi-tech security centre with over 70 high-definition surveillance cameras which are monitored round the clock, as well as 24-hour patrols and biometric fingerprint access control.
Development features include:
- 6 Hectare twin lakes stocked with bass and grass carp, the latter having been specially introduced as biological control measure to stop the proliferation of aquatic weed during the summer months.
- A magnificent community clubhouse will enhance the appeal of this fantastic recreational asset, providing residents with play areas, a boathouse, a sandy white beach, swimming pools and a deck area with stunning views of False Bay and the Hottentots Holland Mountains.
- A series of boardwalks and pathways will wind its way around the edge of the water, providing opportunities for scenic strolls and an easy walk to one's favourite fishing spot!
- Curro Castle Nursery School & Private School operated by the Reddam Group opens 2016.
- Less than 2km from Somerset Lakes is the Vergelegen Medi Clinic.
- The Helderberg winelands offer a fascinating range of wine estates in the Helderberg.
- 20 minutes drive from the Cape Town International Airport
- The new Vergelegen Plein Shopping Centre is located within a 1km drive of Somerset Lakes, boasting a Woolworths Food, Checkers and Clicks along with a coffee shop, hair and beauty salon and other convenient retail entities.
- With three 18-hole courses, a 9-hole course and a driving range, Somerset West is a golfer's paradise!
- The coastline of False Bay, visible from Somerset Lakes as a magnificent vista stretching from Cape Point to Cape Hangklip, offers a host of seaside attractions, including the Strand and Gordon’s Bay beaches.