The Neighbourhood - Secure residential estate selling plots only, in Johannesburg’s historic Linksfield suburb
Land development only.
The Neighbourhood is a new residential lifestyle development in Johannesburg’s historic Linksfield suburb, adjacent to the 220ha Huddle Park Golf Course. It is the only secure residential lifestyle estate in the area. Phase 1 stands selling now, phase 2 & lofts launching soon.
Come home to safety:
The Estate will be supported by a multi-component security structure, which includes perimeter security, gatehouse access control, on-site patrolling and off-site monitoring, providing residents with added peace of mind.
This beautiful parkland estate makes the most of the established trees and ample park areas. Set against the picturesque backdrop of the suburb’s Huddle Park Golf Course, The Estate residents will enjoy magnificent views of fairways and greens, without the cost and maintenance of traditional golf estates.
Come home to recreation:
Parks will be connected by shaded, winding pathways, which lead to tranquil picnic areas, child-friendly play areas, outdoor gyms and kickabouts – all offering a healthy outdoor lifestyle.
Come home to community:
Soon, residents will be able to connect with each other in an estate carefully designed for making great neighbours. Between the cultivated communal outdoor areas and the vibrant atmosphere of The Square, The Neighbourhood has created ample opportunities for neighbours to form a special community.
The Neighbourhood has convenient access to the Linksfield off-ramp, with OR Tambo International Airport, Rosebank, Sandton and Melrose Arch all within a 20-min drive.
Schools: The Neighbourhood is within close proximity to the best schools in the area. With King David School, St Andrews School for Girls and Saheti all within a 3km radius, residents are able to provide their children with a top education, while freeing up time to enjoy family life at The Neighbourhood.
Entertainment: Greek, Kosher, Portuguese and Italian cuisine are on the doorstep of The Neighbourhood. Residents have the choice to decide where their mood (or palate) takes them.
Healthcare: Residents will be able to step out of their new home and take a stroll down shaded paths to Dis-Chem for all their pharmaceutical and health requirements. For more specialised healthcare, Netcare Linksfield Hospital is less than a 5km drive away.
Places of interest:
- Avid golfers can be selective about where they tee off with three distinguished golf clubs in the area to choose from. Huddle Park Golf and Recreation is adjacent to The Neighbourhood, while the Royal Kensington Golf Club is 4.4km away. The Houghton Golf Club completes the trio at a distance of 6.8km.
- The Neighbourhood has convenient access to shopping centres in the area, with Linksfield Terrace a mere kilometre from its doorstep. Linksfield Square, Bedford Centre and Norwood Mall are also nearby; respectively a short 3km, 5km and 6.3km journey.
- Tackling one of Johannesburg’s top walking trails starts with a short 10-min drive to the Harvey Municipal Nature Reserve.
- At Satyagraha House, also 10 min away, the life of Ghandi can be explored and his living quarters visited.
- Acclaimed author L Ron Hubbard occupied Linksfield Ridge House during his time in South Africa in the 1960’s. Residents can learn more about him by taking a tour of his previous home, situated 3km from The Neighbourhood.